WHY STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE?
Congratulations on your purchase of Cooking with Greens Nonstick Stainless-Steel cookware.
Our cookware combines the efficiency and durability of stainless-steel and the convenience and ease of nonstick pans. Our nonstick coating is embedded in a honeycomb structure. The ridges of the stainless-steel honeycomb structure are elevated so that there is no contact with the non-stick coating, giving it five times the life of any other coated pan on the market. You can use a metal object on it, or even a knife! The peaks are made of stainless steel, while the valleys are made of the non-stick material—making the cookware perfect for different purposes. Many traditional non-stick pans can’t handle metal utensils scraping against them.
QUICK START TIPS
- • Wash cookware in warm, soapy water, then rinse and dry using a soft cloth or paper towel.
- • Next, “season” the pan by washing and drying the cookware thoroughly. (“seasoning” is only necessary because the surface is a combination nonstick and stainless steel). Heat each pan on low for 30 seconds, remove from heat and put one tablespoon of vegetable or other oil in each pan. Rub the oil over the entire surface with a paper towel. Repeat after every 10 dishwasher or handwash cycles or if accidental overheating occurs. GENERAL COOKING TIPS
- • Never leave cookware unattended while cooking.
- • Use LOW to MEDIUM heat with your CWG cookware. Aluminum cookware conducts heat extremely quickly and evenly. High heat may damage your CWG non-stick cookware.
- • Never let cookware boil dry or leave an empty piece of cookware on a heated burner.
- • Select the proper burner size so that the heat touches only the bottom of the cookware and does not climb up the side walls. This could cause discoloration
- • Do not use pans to flambé.
- • Let pans cool before cleaning to prevent warping caused by extreme temperature shocks. Avoid any extreme temperature changes.
- • Do not slide or drag cookware across the stove top, as this may cause damage to both the cookware and the stove top.
HELPFUL HINTS ON LID USE
- • When removing lids during cooking, tilt lid to direct steam away from you and keep hands and face away from steam vents.
- • Do not place hot glass lids under cold water, as the temperature change can break the glass.
- • Tempered glass lids are oven safe to 350°F/175°C.
- • When leaving a covered pan on the burner after the heat is turned down, be sure to leave the cover ajar or the steam vent open or else a vacuum seal may form.
HANDLES AND KNOBS
- • Handles and knobs can get very hot under certain conditions. Always use potholders or kitchen towels.
- • When cooking, make sure handles are not positioned over other hot burners .
- • Handles are oven safe to 500°F/260°C. If properly maintained, CWG cookware’s unique non-stick finish will provide years of great cooking performance and easy cleaning. Preventing damage to the non-stick finish will help to maximize product performance. By following these care instructions, you can protect and get the most out of your investment.
- • NEVER cut food directly in the pan or gouge the non-stick surface in any way.
- • With use, the non-stick surface may become slightly darker. This will not impair its performance. Slight surface marks or abrasions are normal and will NOT affect the performance of the non-stick coating.
- • Non-stick cooking sprays are not necessary with non-stick cookware. The use of such sprays may create an invisible buildup on the surface of the pan that will affect the pan’s non-stick properties.
- • Low to medium heat offers best cooking performance
- • Use high heat only for boiling or reducing liquids
- • Medium to medium-high heat for sautéing, stir frying and frying
- • Low heat for warming food, simmering and preparing delicate sauces
- • Cookware is oven safe to 500°F/260°C.
- • Due to the full aluminum core, there will be full even heat distribution throughout the whole pan, which often means that a lower heat setting should be used for this cookware, than for others. Low to medium heat offers best cooking performance.
Overheating can cause brown or blue stains. This is not a defect in the product; it occurs from using a too high heat setting (typically in an empty or minimally filled pan). Food films that were not properly or fully removed from past cooking will also cause discoloration to the pan when reheated. Large amounts of iron in your water can cause discoloration as well and may result in the pot looking slightly rusty. Our non-stick pans are metal safe. Most metal utensils may be used on this non-stick surface, with the exception of whisks, knives and other utensils with sharp edges. Use plastic, silicone or wooden utensils for best long term results. Knives and whisks may leave small scratch marks on the pan’s surface. Slight surface markings or abrasions are normal and will not diminish the performance of your cookware
OVEN AND BROILER USE
Always use potholders when moving cookware in to and out of the oven. CWG cookware is made completely out of aluminum and stainless steel and is oven-safe to 500°F/260°C. Be certain to place food at least 2 inches / 5 cm from broiler coils to avoid burning or overheating. The handles may also discolor over time if placed in the dishwasher in contact with substances having strong food color, such as tomato sauce. (handwashing is always recommended) Handwashing Always wait for your cookware to cool before cleaning. CWG cookware is easy to clean in warm, soapy water using a cloth or sponge. Never use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads such as steel wool, scouring powder or oven cleaner. Stubborn spots can be removed with cleaners that specify “safe for non-stick surfaces.” When cleaning glass lids, do not use metal scouring pads or harsh abrasives, as they may scratch and weaken the glass. Dishwashing Our non-stick cookware can be cleaned in a dishwasher but be advised that the stainless steel EXTERIOR finishes may discolor and become dull due to the abrasive nature of dishwasher detergents. When placing non-stick cookware in the dishwasher, position the items vertically between the spikes of the dishwasher rack to minimize friction between the non-stick surface and the spikes during the washing cycle. It is recommended to re-season non-stick pans with cooking oil after every 10 dishwashing cycles. Any discoloration can be removed with a special cleaner for stainless steel cookware, or by adding lemon juice or vinegar to your regular cleaning solution.
GENERAL SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS
Keep children away from the stove while you are cooking. Be careful around the stove, as heat, steam and splatter can cause injury. Do not touch hot cookware with a wet cloth or potholder or put it on a wet surface. Hot cookware should be placed on heat-resistant surfaces only. For surfaces that are not heat-resistant, it is recommended to place cookware on a trivet or potholder to protect surface from the heat. Do not add cold water, ice or fully frozen food items directly to a hot pan, as a steam eruption could occur that could cause burns or other injury to users or bystanders. Be especially cautious in this regard when the pan contains hot oils used during cooking, as steam eruptions are possible when elements containing water are brought into contact with hot oil. When boiling water, add salt to water only after it has come to a boil to keep salt grains from damaging the steel components of the cookware. Do not combine cookware to make a double boiler. These pieces are not designed for that purpose, and such use could result in steam-related burns or other injury to users or bystanders. CWG Stainless Steel cookware cannot be used in a microwave, over a campfire or on any type of grill, and should not be placed in the oven during the self-clean cycle. CWG Stainless steel nonstick cookware is compatible with gas, spiral or solid electric, ceramic (radiant) and halogen range tops. CWG stainless steel pans are suitable for use on all types of range tops, including induction. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the world of CWG cookware! Our cookware is designed to provide many years of cooking enjoyment, superior performance and maintenance-free service.
Thank you for your purchase!