- 2 sweet onions sliced thinly
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tsp Cooking with Greens No Salt Italian Blend
- 1/4 tsp cooking with Greens Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine ( or 1/4 cup Red wine and 1/4 cup Sherry)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 4 cups Beef broth or stock
- 1/2 baguette or other toasted bread sliced
- 1/4 lb sliced smoked provolone or Gruyere cheese
Melt butter in pan and add garlic, sliced onions, and seasonings. Cook until onions soften and slightly start to caramelize. Add in wine and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook until wine is mostly reduced. Dust onion mixture with flour. Stir in and cook for 5 minutes to alleviate the flour taste. Add in beef broth and bring to simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until broth reduces. Taste and reseason if necessary.
In an ovenproof bowl or ramekin, ladle in soup and add baguette to top of soup. top baguette with cheese and Place under broiler for 3 minutes, or until cheese melts and slightly browns. Serve.