- 1 lb top sirloin (or other cut of steak) cut into strips
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cooking With Greens Go To Blend
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1 Bibb or Butter lettuce head
- sesame seeds
Place sirloin pieces, garlic, soy sauce, pineapple juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp sesame oil, brown sugar and Go To Blend in a ziplock bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 3 hours to overnight.
Heat large wok or saucepan and add sesame oil. Take sirloin pieces and place in pan, reserving marinade. Brown steak and remove from pan. In same pan, add olive oil, carrots and half the red onion. Cook until carrots are slightly softened. Remove from pan. In same pan, add remaining marinade and heat to simmer, stirring constantly until marinade is reduced. Remove reduction from pan. Serve marinated steak pieces in 1 leaf of lettuce, with some carrot/onion mixture, 1 pickled cucumber piece, drizzled marinade reduction, a few raw red onion pieces and sesame seeds.
- 1/4 large cucumber cut into strips
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Cooking With Greens Pink Himalayan Sea salt with Iodine
- 4 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Add all ingredients to a shallow bowl and marinate overnight.