October 13, 2022
Sweet Corn Cheesy orzo
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 12 ounce bag Frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 tsp Cooking with Greens Creole Blend
- 1/2 tsp Cooking with Greens Maple bacun blend
- 1 cup minced smoked Turkey kielbasa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Smoked Gruyere Gouda or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp fresh chives (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1/8 tsp Cooking with Greens Pink Himalayan Sea salt
- 1/8 tsp Cooking with Greens No Salt Onion Black Pepper blend
In a large skillet, cook minced turkey kielbasa until caramelized. In same pan, heat olive oil and butter to medium heat. Add in the garlic, sea salt, onion black pepper and orzo. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until some orzo pieces are lightly browned.
Add in the frozen corn, and minced sweet red pepper. and cook for additional 2-3 minutes or until starting to thaw.
Pour in 2 cups of chicken broth, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for a few minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
Pour in another cup of broth and heavy cream and allow to simmer until orzo is done. You want a small amount of liquid left when the orzo is done, so add in about another 1/4 cup of broth if needed.
Stir in the Creole and Maple bacon blend. Remove from heat and add in the cheese. Stir constantly until smooth. Sprinkle on chives and serve!