September 09, 2021
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice (or other long grain rice)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 14 oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 can pineapples in 100% pineapple juice (dice and drain. Keep juice)
- 1 1/2 cup of assorted color peppers
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 ear of corn shucked
- 1 tbsp butter
- 14 0z of coconut water (or regular water)
Add rice, coconut milk, garlic, salt, coconut water and pineapple juice(from can) to saucepan. Stir well and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, lower heat to simmer and cover until liquid is absorbed and air holes form in rice (15-20 mins).
while that is cooking, add butter to a frying pan and additional ingredients. Cook until softened. Once done, toss all ingredients together and enjoy! Great with Shrimp or chicken.
Feel free to toss in cilantro, or chopped green chilies and jalapenos for a kick!