Vegan Oyster mushroom Fried Chicken
- 3 lbs of oyster mushroom
- 2-3 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp cooking with greens creole seasonings
- 2 tbsp cooking with greens spicy sea food seasonings
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of mustard
- 2 cups canola oil
1.Take all ingredients except canola oil and flour put into a gallon size storage bag.
2. Let mushrooms marinate from 5 to 24 hours.
3. Take 2 cups of flour and put it into a storage bag or plastic bag in preparation to coat mushrooms.
4. Add a tablespoon of Spicy Seafood Seasoning (Cooking with Greens), garlic powder, and onion powder to the flour batch.
5. Take a handful or marinated mushrooms (squeeze prior to relieve the liquid from them) and toss in the flour bag until fully coated.
6. Preheat frying pot with canola oil. When testing a mushroom, it should sizzle. IF it simply sinks down into the pot, the oil is not hot enough. If the the mushroom cooks too quick where the outer layer burns, the oil is too hot and unfortunately the mushroom will not cook well.
7. Let mushrooms cooks for 5 minutes on each side or until a golden brown on each side. Remove when desired texture is much and place either in a drain pan or paper towel. This will ensure it is crispy, but not greasy.
8. Repeat with all other mushrooms until you have completed the batch.
9 Add more spicy seafood to the top of completed chick'n batch and serve.