- 2 cups Silk Organic coconut milk Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 large egg yolks beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 to 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp Cooking With Greens Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Appx 40 vanilla wafer crushed into crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted melted sweet cream butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- OPTIONAL: 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- OPTIONAL: 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- OPTIONAL: 2 tsp Vanilla Bourbon
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large glass or metal mixing bowl until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continually beating until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla extract. Set aside in refrigerator.
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Place vanilla wafers, melted butter and 1 tbsp sugar in food processor. pulse until combined. Press into 9" pie dish. Bake at 350 for 9 minutes and cool.
In a saucepan, combine cornstarch, sugar, salt. Add coconut milk and heavy cream gradually stirring. Cook over medium heat until mixture bubbles. Keep stirring and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in small quantity of hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks and immediately add mixture to the hot mixture. Cook for 2 additional minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and add butter, vanilla and banana extract. Stir until smooth.
Slice half or all bananas into Vanilla wafer crust. Top with pudding mixture. ( OPTIONAL: Combine half the sliced bananas, brown sugar, butter and bourbon to saucepan. Cook until bananas slightly soften, and sugar caramelizes. Serve atop custard mixture) Top pudding mixture with Meringue topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes and cool for about an hour. Serve.