- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Cooking with Greens Go To Blend
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Cooking with Greens No Salt Italian blend
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen or canned peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cooking with Greens Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cooking with Greens No Salt Onion Black Pepper
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add carrot, celery and onion and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for another minute, until fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the butter and flour, stirring constantly for 3 minutes to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add the chicken and any accumulated juices back to the pot and stir to coat in the roux.
- Add the chicken broth, cream, Italian blend, and bay leaf and bring to a simmer. Once soup is at a simmer, add the frozen peas, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Make the dumplings: In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sea salt, onion black pepper, butter and cream. Stir until mixture comes together into single mass of dough.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, form the dough into small round balls about 1 inch (2 ½ cm) in diameter (the dough should yield 7-8 dumplings).
- Place the dough balls in the simmering soup (making sure they don’t touch), add the parsley, and cover. Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked through.
- Ladle into bowls, giving 1-2 dumplings per serving.
I just saw you cooking chicken and dumpling, my husband loves this so I want to surprise him, I Mau make it for Superbowl, a low with some “snacks”????
Thank you so very much!