- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Cooking with Greens Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cooking with Greens No salt Onion Black Pepper Blend
- 1 1/4 cup dried Orzo pasta
- 1 cup low sodium Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 packed cups baby spinach
Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the mushrooms, sea salt, and Onion black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and dried orzo pasta and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in chicken or vegetable broth and milk and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently to keep the orzo from sticking, until the orzo is al dente and most of the liquid is absorbed and has formed a creamy sauce, about 10 minutes or according to package instructions.
Remove from the heat. Add packed baby spinach and the Parmesan and stir until the spinach is just wilted and the cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve garnished with more grated Parmesan cheese.