V8 Creole Chicken and Shrimp Pasta
- 1 package fettuccine pasta
- 2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 small sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, coarsely chopped or thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, coarsely chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup V-8 juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cooking With Greens Creole Blend
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- OPTIONAL: 2 tablespoons cold water
Cook fettuccine to al dente, drain, and set aside.
Coat Chicken with olive oil and 1/2 tbsp Creole Blend. Separately, coat shrimp with olive oil and 1/2 tbsp creole blend. In a saucepan, sear chicken pieces on both sides and cook until done. Remove from pan and cut into strips. Set Aside. Add Shrimp to pan and cook on both sides. Remove from pan.
In large size saucepan, heat the oil. Add garlic, and sauté for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add onions and sauté until translucent, about 1 minute, then add peppers and continue to sauté for another minute.
Deglaze with chicken stock, bring to a simmer, and reduce by half. Add V-8 juice, sriracha and Creole Blend and bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes. Add chicken strips to pan. Drizzle in Whipping Cream and simmer for an additional 2 minutes. Add Parmesan Cheese. OPTIONAL: Mix cornstarch with cold water to make a slurry. If needed, add slurry to sauce, stirring constantly until it reaches saucy consistency. Taste and re-season if necessary.
Add the fettuccine to the sauce and gently mix until it is heated.
Arrange the fettuccine on serving dish and top with Shrimp