- 2- 3½ pounds white( or other) fish filets
- 1 Tbsp CWG Jercurry Blend
- 2 tsp brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp CWG Herb blend
- 1 tsp CWG Go To Blend
- 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
Caribbean fish Stew
- ½ cup vegetable oil or more as needed
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 1 tsp CWG No salt Italian blend
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper pierced or replace with ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper ( or other milder pepper)
- 3-4 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 cup stock Divided in half
- 2 medium potatoes cut into small sections
- 1 large carrot sliced
- 2 green onions scallion chopped
- Bouillon seasoning optional
- White pepper or black as needed to taste
Rinse fish; carefully, drain, and pat dry with paper towels or a clean towel rub with lemon or lime.
Place fish in a large bowl or saucepan then season with Jercurry blend, brown sugar, Herb blend and Go To blend
Ensure that fish is well coated, then set aside in the fridge and marinate for 30 minutes or overnight
When ready to cook remove fish from fridge, lightly shake off any marinade.
In large skillet heat oil over medium heat, until hot, add the fish, cook each side- for about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Remove fish and set aside. Remove oil leaving about 2 or more tablespoons of oil, add in butter if using the same pan or heat oil in the medium saucepan.
Add onion, potatoes, carrots, scotch bonnet pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, and sauté until onions are tender, about 2 minutes or more. Stir frequently to avoid any burns
Add tomatoes continue stirring and let it simmer for about 5 minutes or more with about ½ cup stock or more as needed.
Finally add bell pepper, green onions followed by fish one at time and more stock about ½ cup stock or water. Simmer for about 5 minutes or more. Adjust for seasonings and thickness of stew with stock or oil.
Remove and serve with rice or fried plantains or any side dish