- 1 tsp pink himalayan salt
- 2 to 3 lobster tails
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2–3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 New England–style split-top hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- onion powder
- 1 clove garlic
Pour water into a large pot to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil and salt generously. Use kitchen shears to split shell tails down the middle. Add lobster tails to boiling pot raised over the water( with a strainer ), cover, and cook until bright red, 8–10 minutes. Transfer lobster tails to a plate or baking sheet and let cool.
Crack lobster shells, pick meat from tails and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Mix lobster, celery, lemon juice, chives, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and add more mayonnaise, if desired.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread flat sides of buns with butter. Cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side; fill with lobster mixture.