- 1 cup 5 minute grits
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut milk or other non dairy milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup chopped smoked ham
- 8 oz shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsely
- 4 tbsp Plant based butter
- 1 tbsp Cooking With Greens Spicy Umami Blend
- 2 tsp Cooking With Greens Go To Blend
- 1/2 lb Large Shrimp
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 sweet pepper chopped
- 1 andouille sausage chopped
- 12 grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tbsp Cooking With Greens Creole Blend
- 4 slices of bacon chopped
- 2 stalks green onion chopped
- 4 wonton sheets sliced into thin strips
- vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp plant based butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp coconut milk or other non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp Cooking With Greens Creole Blend
- 1 tsp Cooking With Greens No Salt Onion Black Pepper Blend
- Cooking With Greens Sea Salt to taste
Prepare grits beforehand by mixing grits, milk, chicken stock, ham and seasonings. Mix and heat on high until grits start to thicken (about 3 to 4 minutes). Mix in butter and cook for 1 additional minute. Remove from heat and mix in parsely and cheese. Taste and reseason or add additional cheese if neccessary. Coat a small baking dish with oil and pour in grits evenly. Place in freezer to freeze.
Add bacon to pan. Cook until crispy. Remove from pan. Remove from pan. Add peppers and onions to bacon grease and cook until softened. Add in Creole blend. Add garlic and andouille sausage. Cook until sausage slightly brown. Toss in green onion. Cook for 1 minute and remove from pan. Cook shrimp in remaining oils until no longer transluscent and remove from pan. In a small pot, heat vegetable oil. Once oil is hot, sprinkle in wonton strips and cook until crispy. drain.
Prepare gravy by heating butter and olive oil. once oil is hot, sprinkle in flour mixing continually. Cook until flour is browned. Slowly add in chicken stock, mixing continually until all ingredients are combined. Add seasonings and non dairy milk.
Remove grits from freezer and cut circles out using a cookie cutter. Place enough oil in pan to coat bottom of pan and fry each side of the grit patty until slightly brown. Assemble by adding grit cake to plate, gravy atop cake, sausage and veggie mix and sprinkle with bacon and wonton crisps. Enjoy!